Dear PMBIA members,
We are writing to you because we value the health and well-being of our members. As you are aware, there are outbreaks of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in many countries. Most people who become infected experience mild illness and recover, but it can be more severe for others. It’s important that we all pay close attention to the information below and remain calm. We will be sure to communicate any changes in our operations to each of you, immediately, should this highly fluid situation change.
As a precautionary measure, we would like to share with you the current World Health Organization (WHO) advice on the coronavirus or COVID-19 illness. Note that this advice is being updated frequently can be found using the following link to ensure you access the most up to date advice and guidance.
Advice for the Public: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
Our courses and training clinics are not considered “mass gatherings”, but in our professional line of work, instructors and coaches are required to work with others. This predisposition can expose individuals to infectious diseases like coronavirus. Therefore, some precautions should be considered when working as an instructor or a coach:
- Keep space between yourself and others
- Limit close contact
- Don’t shake hands
- Avoid touching water bottles, bikes, bike gear or bike tools that are not yours
- If a participant/guest shows up with signs of sickness, turn them back home and ask them to call their doctor
Here are basic protective measures from the WHO:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay at home away from others if you are sick
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care immediately
- Stay informed and follow the advice given by your healthcare provider
If you are travelling to a PMBIA training or certification, pay attention to travel advisories for your destination and practice the basic protective measures listed above.
We are sharing this information for the sake of transparency so you are aware and can help reduce the spread of infection. If you have any questions regarding scheduled courses please get in touch with us via email at email@example.com