This month, we have exciting news to share with you. Earlier this year, the Board of Directors voted on a succession plan as part of our resolutions at the end of 2021. Part of this plan is initiating the next Board of Directors (BOD) selection process to elect two new directors. The two outgoing directors/founders are Shannon Howard and Kelli Sherbinin, who will both transition to the Founders Advisory Committee after the January 30th, 2023 Annual General Meeting (AGM). For those of you wanting to be a part of our leadership team and the strategic governance of PMBIA, now is the time for you to get your application together! Applications are due on October 14th, and the elections will be held online from January 9th to 20th. The newly elected directors will be presented during the AGM.
We’ve outlined some key highlights of the position and application process below, but check out this link to find the full instructions for applying. Good luck!
Position: Board Member/Director at Large
Compensation: $nil (volunteer position)
Time Commitment: Five to ten hours per month (meetings, preparation, events)
Term: 3 years
Deadline to Apply: October 14th, 2022
The Board supports the work of the PMBIA and provides mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While PMBIA’s Executive Director (ED) leads day-to-day operations, the Board–ED relationship is a partnership, and the Board’s appropriate involvement in operations is both critical and expected. Prior to the 2023 PMBIA AGM, the membership will elect 2 board members to fill vacancies on the board. The specific Director responsibilities currently required include:
– Leadership, governance, and oversight expectations
– Serving as a trusted advisor to the ED as they develop and implement PMBIA’s strategic plan
– Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by the PMBIA for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials before attending the Board and committee meetings
– Approving PMBIA’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
– Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the ED
– Assisting the ED and Board Chair in identifying and recruiting other Directors and chief supervisory officers
– Partnering with the ED and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
– Serving on committees and taking on special assignments as necessary
– Representing PMBIA to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization by upholding and championing PMBIA’s Code of Conduct & Ethics for Employees, Volunteers, and Directors
– Ensuring PMBIA’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities PMBIA serves
– Attending the annual general meeting (AGM) of the PMBIA in a supervisory capacity
Eligibility & Qualifications
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about the PMBIA’s mission and who has a track record of board and community leadership. Selected candidates will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. Their accomplishments will allow them to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Directors. Applicant eligibility is limited to those who have a minimum of a PMBIA level 1 in good standing.
The PMBIA is an equal opportunity organization committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage people with lived experiences as members of Indigenous, Black, or equity-seeking groups to apply. Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
– Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
– A commitment to and understanding of the PMBIA’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
– Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
– Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of the PMBIA’s members, partners, and beneficiaries
– Experience in one or more of the following areas –audit/accounting or treasurer experience; corporate and social responsibility; corporate finance; strategic planning.
How to Apply
First, read the full application instructions. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
– A brief resume outlining board and professional experience
– A maximum one-page double-spaced statement that outlines your interest in the activities of the organization as well as your potential contributions to the mission of the organization
– Contact information for 2 – 3 references that can speak to your potential for contributing to this Board
– Applications will be accepted until October 14th, 2022 at 11:59pm PDT. We thank all applicants for the time they invest in applying for this position. Applications will be reviewed by the PMBIA Nominating Committee and successful applicants will be put forward to the membership to vote on two people to fill the vacant positions.
If you have any questions about this posting or the application process, please email email@example.com.
Stay safe and happy trails,
The PMBIA Team
#PMBIA | #bikeskills #skillbasedteaching #pmbiaassociation #globalmtbstandard #mountainbikeinstructor #mountainbiking #theonlyglobalstandard
Online Recertification Training!
Time to do your Level 1 recertification? We are asking all our members to re-certify via the Level 1 Online Recertification Program.
Regardless of any courses or training you take, your level 1 re-certification has to be completed online every three years. This ensures instructors stay current with the latest teaching methodologies & information that specifically relate to teaching beginner to intermediate riders; which is still the most common student type within the mountain bike coaching industry. You can learn more and register below!