Anyone who was due to re-certify during the 2020-2021 season
has been given an extension until the end of 2021
due to COVID-19 related restrictions.
Re-Certification & Membership FAQ
- HOW LONG DOES MY PMBI CERTIFICATION LAST? DO I NEED TO RE-CERTIFY?
- The PMBIA certification is valid for three years. If you wish to remain up to date you must re-certify before your certification becomes older than three years and expires. This also ensures our members maintain a minimum level of competency and skill, to ensure the PMBIA upholds a professional standard within the industry.
- I’M A PMBI LEVEL 1, HOW DO I RE-CERTIFY?
- Simply sign up for a one-day re-certification or a two-day, Level 2 Development Module to re-certify and brush up those skills! For more details, check out the L2 AIR and TRAIL Modules or the re-cert here https://pmbia.org/level-1-re-cert/. The full 4-day Level 2 course can also serve as a re-certification.
- I TOOK MY PMBI LEVEL 1 COURSE MORE THAN THREE YEARS AGO, WHAT COURSE SHOULD I TAKE?
- Any Level 1 instructor that took a course more than three years ago, will need to sign up for the three-day PMBI Level 1, at a discounted rate. Please email email@example.com before registering for the course, to claim the discount.Three years is a long time and this is a perfect opportunity to refresh your knowledge, brush up your teaching skills and make sure you can be the best instructor or guide, possible.
- I’M A PMBI LEVEL 2, HOW DO I RE-CERTIFY?
- Simply sign up for a two-day, Level 2 Development Module Course to re-certify and brush up those skills! For more details, check out the L2 AIR and TRAIL Modules.
- I TOOK MY PMBI LEVEL 2 COURSE MORE THAN THREE YEARS AGO, DO I NEED TO TAKE THE WHOLE COURSE AGAIN?
- Any PMBI Level 2 instructor who took the course more than three years ago, can sign up for a two-day Level 2 Development Module and complete the Level 2 Worksheet. The greater time, experience and skill level required to take the PMBI Level 2, exempts these instructors from having to re-take the whole, four-day course again.
- HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP & WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- To be a member, you must have a current PMBI certification (see above) and pay for a yearly membership. Annual PMBIA membership will allow you to enjoy its many benefits including access to all the latest teaching materials, pro-deals, newsletters, training tools, and more.The memberships fees also help genuinely support the PMBIA. These fees go directly towards paying for the administration of the association, developing new course materials, website and resource improvements, researching new locations, building new industry partnerships, and a whole lot more!